Thursday, March 3, 2011

Leggings, Schmeggings

I used to shun the idea of wearing leggings as a form of pants.  Bwahahaha, I'd laugh at people who wore them, thinking how stupid they looked.  And then, alas, I bought a few pairs, found some outfits to go with them and realized that they are the most comfortable things in the entire world.  Feel free to laugh at me for eating my words so thoroughly.  Anyway, the point being, today as I went to get dressed, I was at a loss.  My one pair of pants that fit (and aren't ripped) are in the laundry basket and I am banned from pulling them out to wear them again (I have been known, on more than one occasion to do this).  So, it was either leggings or one of my ridiculously baggy pairs of jeans that I was left to decide between.  I chose leggings.  Problem was, it was a balmy 22 degrees out this morning.  So what did I do?  I got creative: I'm wearing tights AND leggings.  Yup.  With boots on, I look fine.  With my boots off...well, that's a different story.  All fine and dandy until I realized that since today is my sign language class with Monkey, where we are all required to go shoe-less, everyone and their mother will see my fashion ingenuity (i.e., weirdness).  How fun.  Anyone care to describe their best/worst fashion faux pas so I don't feel so bad?

At least they're both black, right?  Right????

Editor's Note: Monkey and I did not wind up going to class today.  He's switching from two naps a day to one and it kinda cramps our style when it comes to going to a class (get it? style? ohhh I crack myself up) that's in the early afternoon.  So no one other than my boss and Alix and Monkey will witness the tights plus leggings combination.  Phew.  That is, unless I get in some horrific accident on the way home and the ambulance people take off my boots.   Noooo!

No comments: