Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Three Years Ago

In the fall of 2009, I had...


...some truly amazing, irreplaceable friends.  They pulled me from the darkness more times than I could count.


...days, still, where I was so paralyzingly sad that I couldn't see how to keep going.  Days that felt like even a year out from being hospitalized and being on the right meds was not enough time to hold back the growling, howling, teeth-gnashing beast of crazy that had crash-landed into my life.

But - also, this:
(from my Facebook, late November, 2009) "...is exponentially happier than she was last year at this time."

I loved Alix.  And she loved me.  And three years ago today, her love was a force of good in my life that propelled me through my last (drama-filled and anxiety-packed) year at Smith.

All that said...it's good to be where I am now.

* * * 
30 Days Hath November
Day 01: A place I'd like to travel.
Day 02: A favourite movie.
Day 03: Something I never leave the house without.
Day 04: A friend I adore.
Day 05: My hometown.
Day 06: A book I'm reading.
Day 07: A song for the day.
Day 08: Three inspirational quotes.
Day 09: A close-up of my day.
Day 10: A favourite recipe.
Day 11: Three years ago today.

No comments: