Monday, April 25, 2011

A Visual Update

When I got home from work on my last day with Monkey, this is what awaited me when I walked in the door
and this...




and then we went here for lunch....





all of which helped.  Marginally.











On Easter Sunday, Alix and I didn't do anything special.  She had studying to do, and I just wanted to get out of the apartment.  We joined forces and went to Central Park.  Here are the ingredients to a fun Sunday:
 
The Great Lawn
A cool beverage
Some light reading
A funny t-shirt
Sunshine
Being with the one you love.


I saw this on the wall of a store in Cambridge, MA:

I dreamed that life was happiness.
I awoke and saw that life was service.
I served and found in service
happiness is found.

-Rabindranth Tagore, Indian Poet



It would be really wonderful if I had something intelligent, relevant, or even cohesive to write here.  But, I don't.  Suffice it to say that things around these parts have been really, really hard lately.  I haven't gotten into them on this blog (or anywhere, or with anyone, practically), but maybe that will change in the future.  In the meantime, I've tied a knot at the end of my rope and I'm hanging on as best as I can.

No comments: