Thursday, January 26, 2012

Go Ahead. Interview Me.

Ask me anything you'd like.  Ask me why I'd like to be a midwife.  Ask me about how much I want to help women, to help babies, to be present and participate in the process of life beginning and you better believe it, Yale, I will answer.  I will answer articulately, and with poise, and with the knowledge that my black heels are a little bit bad-ass because they are pointy-toed (but it's okay because my gray and black dress is very demure [it helps that I have no cleavage. At all.]).  Ask me why I want to do this for the rest of my life.  Ask me how it felt to watch a baby being born.  Go ahead.  Ask me anything you'd like.  Because I'm ready.  And I'm coming at you, tomorrow morning.

Boo yah.

6 comments:

Holly R said...

Good luck! You'll do great :)

NOELLE ALOUD said...

Aaahh!!! So excited for you! You'll rock that interview, I can feel it.

lisa lawrence said...

Hi Caitlin,
I've been following your blog for ages...not sure how I got here.. but am so thrilled for you going to this interview. You will do well. I am a nurse (currently Hospice and case-management) but for 3 years worked on a huge maternity unit doing well-born nursery and post-partum care. It was amazing. Not always pretty and unicorns and butterflies, but mostly really, really good.
Yale! Very cool :) Good luck!
Lisa

lisa lawrence said...

I'm sorry - I think I put my wrong URL.. I'll resend..

Cait said...

Thank you, so much, everyone for your words of support. Today was exhausting, emotional, but ultimately amazing and I am dying for March 1st to come so I can know what I'm doing come September!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well! Good for you!