Friday, November 18, 2011

Confessions of a Chronic Insomniac

Doesn't matter if I'm walking or driving, I find bicyclists annoying. 

I can make five strand braided challah, a gingersnap-crusted cheesecake, a blueberry pie so good it made Alix fall in love with me, and the best vegan blueberry muffins you'd ever had.  It makes me sad that I'm too scared to eat and enjoy any of those anymore.

I wish I owned more flannel, lesbian cliches be damned.

I simply do not understand the obsession with red velvet.  Seriously.  It's chocolate with food coloring.

On a similar note, I hate food coloring.  It freaks me out.

I have two dreams: to learn French and to learn to play the cello.  Deep in my heart of hearts, I hope that someday I'll be able to do both.

I judge people who don't know the difference between it's and its; there, their, and they're; loose and lose; and aw and awe.

Is the effort it takes to eat a grapefruit really worth it?

I'm self-conscious about my height and rarely, if ever wear heels.

Did you know that tulips are the only flower that continues to grow after being cut?  That's why they start to droop in their vase, because their stems are still getting longer.

I have four tattoos.  With the exception of my first one, each was conceived, pondered, and inked onto me in less than 48 hours.

I deeply covet a Le Creuset Dutch oven.

I will never, not ever eat jello, Smarties, or drink Gatorade.  Why?  Because I know I would hate all three.

I think all my siblings' names are cooler than mine.

I'm obsessive about covering my mouth and nose when I sneeze but will blatantly forget to cover a yawn.

What the hell is the point of Twitter?

Things that make my world go round: a hot cup of coffee, a good book, a sleeping baby on my shoulder, a warm blanket, a hug so tight it takes my breath away, and the feeling of being needed.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

I completely judge over "its" and "it's".

NOELLE ALOUD said...

Are we actually the same person?! I'm with you on so many of these! I laughed out loud at the red velvet thing.

What color Le Creuset Dutch oven are you eyeing? Or does it matter? I love the bright, sunflower yellow, and they were making lavender for a while...

Sarah said...

There are people that don't judge people over it's and its? They're crazy. What are they doing with their lives?
Also, I desperately need your chocolate chip cookie recipe.
xoxo

Al said...

Blueberry pie: correct. Height: anything to do with my lack of said height? Bicyclists: I concur on all counts. Grapefruit: sometimes the journey is the destination...

Cait said...

I'm glad we are all in agreement over the "it's" and "its" thing. Was first grade really that hard?

Noelle - hi, yes, I think we have each found our life doppleganger. I want the yellow oven to match my yellow colander. But lavender?? Be still my heart.

Sarah - that recipe is classified. Someday, when I open my own bakery I'll name them after you. Does that make up for it?

And as for you, Al:
1. I haven't worn heels the last three months while you've been gone, so I don't think it's specific to you.
2. Grapefruits don't taste good enough to warrant a journey.
3. Come home soon? K thnx.

sarah :) said...

Um... not really. It must be the crack you put in them that makes them so tasty. I haven't had one in months and still think about them... :)