Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dodged A Needle

Modern medicine has declared...that they have no idea what's wrong with me.  I don't care, because for the first time in almost a week, I woke up this morning without a fever.  You know what I noticed when I took Rupert out for his morning walk?  It was chilly outside!  With my temperature reigned in below 100 degrees, my light sensitivity and headache were both much improved.  The cough and trouble breathing - nothing I'm not used to with my asthma.  I will take a mysterious infection that has responded to antibiotics over potential meningitis any day of the week.

So I know that bad things come in threes.  But I'm gunning for some good fortune coming my way, in triplet form.  Dodging this health scare was round 1.  A friend came through for me yesterday with an offer that just might save my sanity from the brink it's been teetering on, and if it all works out, that will definitely qualify as round 2.  (I promise I'll explain once things are settled.)  Any takers for round 3? 

Rupert and I watched the sunset over NJ tonight.

No comments: